- We support projects that raise learners’ engagement in their learning, enhance children and young people’s capabilities, are responsive to individual aspirations and needs, improve learning outcomes, and increase teacher effectiveness
- We define learning outcomes as both the social and the cognitive skills and capabilities valued in our society
- We look for projects that address inequality in education in New Zealand
- We favour projects in which research, practice and evaluation are integrated
- Projects we fund must be replicable and/or scalable and must provide evidence-based findings for dissemination to our beneficiaries and other stakeholders
- We seek to work collectively and in collaboration with other funders and will support purposeful collaboration between schools and other interested stakeholders.
In accordance with our Trust deed, we give preference to eligible applications in the Warkworth to Mercer area
Our two strategic priorities are:
- Building capabilities from birth to Year 13 because of the compelling evidence of the importance of early years; the influence of parents, caregivers, family and whanau as first teachers; and that early emotional connectedness and language confidence is critical to engagement in learning
- Increasing teacher effectiveness, because the evidence shows that excellence in teaching is the single most powerful influence on student achievement. Teacher effectiveness is more specific than teacher excellence; teacher effectiveness is always evaluated in terms of the impact teachers have on maximizing the potential of learners
How to Apply
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarise themselves with our granting principles and priorities and to discuss the proposed project with our Executive Officer before completing the Funding Application.
Granting rounds have been held twice each year, in February and September, but this is currently under review. Updates will be given on the website and through our occasional newsletter which you can sign up for.
We are also revising our application form, so this is not available at the moment.